Saturday, January 17, 2009

Winter Wonderland










Winter in Kansas is usually cold and icy, but not very white. If it does snow, it usually has melted within a day. Luckily for us, it there was a great snowfall in December, and we knew exactly what we had to do: find a hill and go sledding.

Because sleds are always sold out when I go to buy them in the winter here, I bought one in November. The cashier looked at me like I was crazy because it was still 60 degrees outside. I told her I was just getting prepared for the winter, and I'm glad I did because we had a blast.
We went to a nearby park and searched for a nice small hill. Most of the roads were closed off, but we found if we crawled under the fence that we could have access to a perfect hill. Our kids were very concerned that we might be breaking the law crawling under a fence. We assured them that we would not get arrested, to calm down, chill out, and have fun! I guess they've been taught well, right?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Richard had to cut some wood for our firepit and our kids were concerned about breaking the law as well.

DR Thorstenson Family said...

It looks like they had a blast!