We have our tree trimmed, our Christmas lights put outside, and have baked one batch of Christmas cookies so far. Wow! We're ahead of schedule this year which is a little abnormal!
I love the Christmas season for all of the wonderful family traditions we get to share with our kids: picking out a new ornament for each child, reenacting the Nativity, counting down to Christmas, and visiting Santa. But I think the tradition my older kids look most forward to is helping those less fortunate. Georgia was so excited this year to choose a child from our "Bishop's Tree" to buy a present for.
Tonight, we read a scripture, a story and sang a couple of Christmas hymns that reminded us of the importance of giving at Christmastime. I didn't have to convince Georgia and Emma that we are happiest giving rather than receiving. They were full of examples. I hope this true spirit of Christmas carries on in them for years to come.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment