For the last couple of months, I've felt like I've been constantly trying to get caught up. Maia is 10 months old, and I'm still not even close to feeling like my life is back to normal or even close to being normal. All I can say is that a fourth child adds an exponentially greater amount of responsibility. At least that's what is feels like right now. So, one of my goals for this year is to say "no" more often to the things that matter the least and "yes" more often to those that matter the most--especially my family! I've decided that I can't be superwoman, and that's okay. It's more important to focus on being a good wife and mother than it is to have an impressive resume of volunteer work, have my kids involved in four different activities each, and have a perfectly organized home. At least that's what I try to remind myself on a daily basis.
This blog, though, is a good thing and a great way for me to record nice family memories. So I've decided this is one thing I can say "yes" to, at least occasionally. I'm going to play catch up from the last 3-4 months in the days to come.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, we are glad you are back to blogging. I can't imagine how crazy life is with 4, somedays I can hardly do 2. Loved the halloween costumes, and it's so fun to see pictures of Mia.
Post a Comment